- 1 Kilo "00" bakers or plain flour
- 600mls warm water
- 2 satchets of dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sprinkle yeast and sugar with the warm water and stir, let grow for 10 minutes, then add to flour and salt along with the olive oil.
- Knead for 10 minutes, place in greased bowl and cover until double in size.
- Knock the dough back and place back in bowl until double again.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave overnight in fridge.
- Take dough out two hours before cutting into pizza balls and rolling out into bases. Always use flour under the bases and on the pizza peel. You can freeze the pizza balls at this stage. They keep for 3 months.
- Makes approx 7-10 pizza bases.
You can use a commercial base or make your own sauce to suit your tastes. Or you can just use fresh tomato slices for a sauce base. To make your own easy and tasty tomato base, mix one tin diced or crushed tomatoes, a dash of salt and olive oil, one or two cloves crushed garlic and some finely chopped basil. You can also add any other herbs you feel like. No need to cook the mixture, just stir it well. Makes enough for 5 pizzas. Freezes well too.